SC - Feline Suprise {Tasteless Idea?}

Ann & Les Shelton sheltons at conterra.com
Thu Oct 15 22:29:31 PDT 1998

I repaid a debt last weekend and went down to help cook a feast in our
neighboring Barony.  Since we've all worked together numerous times, our
discussions in the kitchen tend to be somewhat freewheeling, with no
holds barred.  I brought up the recent "weird animals" discussion which
played itself out on this list.  As expected, the responses were divided
into 3 camps:  1) macho, "yes, I've eaten..." {mostly ex-military}; 2)
those who found it theoretically interesting but not desiring actual
experience; and 3) those horrified at the thought.

This discussion lead to a split over whether one person's idea for a
suprise at feast was incredibly humorous or the most tasteless thing
we'd ever heard of {this coming from someone who had a large "pig
cooker" set up on site with a plastic arm dangling out of it}.  His idea
is to carry a big pot of soup/stew to a table, reach in with a ladle and
plunk down a cat collar into someone's bowl!  Personally, I can see how
under the right circumstances this could be funny as a personal joke;
however, at an event you'd most likely offend/gross out more people than
you'd amuse.

Thought I'd throw this out for discussion ... funny or tasteless?  I'll
follow this up with a posting about a recent successful suprise we
pulled on someone here in Nottinghill Coill, which was both tasteless
and hilarious.

John le Burguillun
Canton of Cyddlian Downs {Columbia, SC}
Barony of Nottinghill Coill {everything west of I-95 in SC}
Kingdom of Atlantia