SC - Wooden cutting boards

Diana Skaggs upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Oct 16 14:19:20 PDT 1998

     What I gleaned from the cutting board debate was the fact people were
     not cleaning cutting boards thoroughly, nor was cleaning immediately
     effective.  The tendency was to move cooked meat (especially chicken)
     back to the same board to carve.  The same contamination problem may
     occur when using marinades to brush grilling meat or serving marinade
     without cooking.  The last time I heard anything about this issue, the
     recommendation was to have separate cutting boards for raw meat,
     cooked meat & vegetables.  Ah, to have the priviledge of having room
     for three different cutting boards in my too, too tiny kitchen.
     Leanna of Sparrowhaven