SC - St. Martha

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Oct 17 03:53:15 PDT 1998

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/16/98 3:03:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
> writes:
>
> > St. Martha is the patron saint of cooks (along with a couple of others and
> is
> >  the saint that our shire's cook's guild> The Guilde of St. Martha is named
> >  after. :-) She is usually depicted standing upright with a leashed dragon
> >  coiled about her feet.
> >
> >  Ras
>
> Any chance of a referance or any other names??

Check the gospels. Martha is the sister of Mary Magdalene, the one who, it is
said, chastised her for sitting, listening to Jesus, when there was a meal to
prepare...she is also the sister of Lazarus. My books about those fun-loving
saints are inaccessible at the moment, or I'd provide a feast day...

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy