SC - What is IKEA???

Tara Sersen tsersen at browser.net
Mon Oct 19 14:55:25 PDT 1998

> I keep seeing people referencing to IKEA and am wondering what this is.
> I am getting the feeling that it is either a store or a brand name of
> furniture and the like.  Can someone please clear up this confusion for
> me???

It's both...  It's a company that makes furniture of extrordinarily low
quality and high price and sells it in their chain stores and through
mail-order catalogues.  It's mostly trendy styles.  But, they also sell
all kinds of little housewares of varying quality to compliment their
furniture.  You can get boxes of candles and candleholders, kitchen
utensils, novelty items, baskets, all kinds of stuff.  You can also get
some shelf units that disassemble that are good for Pennsic kitchens and
pavilions (avoid the plastic ones - they warp.)  Not much of it is high
quality, IMO, but at least that stuff is well priced (i.e. cheap,) and
they have a lot of it.  There is a store outside of Philly that I've
been in.  It was scary - far more super-consumer than any mall I've ever
been in ;)  Look on their homepage (www.ikea.com) for locations of other
stores.

Magdalena
who's back on the list after a long hiatus ;)

tsersen at browser.net   lorax at tulgey.browser.net

soles occidere et redire possunt:
nobis cum semel occidit breuis lux,
nox est perpetua una dormienda.