SC - What is IKEA???

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Oct 19 15:06:52 PDT 1998

Magdalena said...
>It's both...  It's a company that makes furniture of extrordinarily low
>quality and high price and sells it in their chain stores and through
>mail-order catalogues.

I have to disagree with this. You get what you pay for. If you buy cheap you
get cheap. I paid an arm and a leg for my Billy shelves and they are well
built, sturdy and look great. OTOH, you can also purchase cheap shelves
there and again, you get what you pay for. Perhaps there is a different
market and distribution product in the States but here in Cda it is not low
end but slightly (read slightly) more upscale.

Then you said....
> IMO, but at least that stuff is well priced (i.e. cheap,) and
>they have a lot of it.

Huh? With all due respect, do you feel it is high price or cheap?

Micaylah