SC - What is IKEA???

Balano1 at aol.com Balano1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 15:33:54 PDT 1998

<< It's a company that makes furniture of extrordinarily low
 quality and high price and sells it in their chain stores and through
 mail-order catalogues. >>

I have to disagree with Magdalena, in agreement with Micaylah.  I furnished an
entire 3-bedroom apartment in one stop.  I have IKEA furniture that I
purchased in Berlin, Germany in 1990 and have moved on a yeaqrly basis 'round
the world and back again with great success. it is plain, versitile, (they
always have replacement hardware if I lose it in transit) and it was
reasonably priced.  It is somewhere in between K-mart/Targat breakdown stuff
and Scan Design pine furniture.  Their stores are fun to browse in and usually
have lots of nifty little stuff.

You get what you pay for and sometimes more.  Most of their stuff is not
heirloom quality but it is an honest purchase that will give you value for
what you pay!

Now - why are we talking about this on a Cooks List - If you are fortunate
enough to live in Houston or Baltimore, go pay them a visit - otherwise, visit
them on the web - nuf said.

 - Sister Mary Endoline,
back from a fun weekend at the Medieval Faire sponsored by the Shire of
Glymmerholde in Fort Meyers, Florida!!!