SC - I get to cook a feast!

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 12:03:55 PDT 1998

>In a message dated 10/23/98 1:04:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:
>
><< I promise, no chicken pastry!  >>
>
>You mean you're going to withhold the best from us?

I got to know Genevia at a feast this spring at which she sat in the
kitchen for hours patiently peeling a very sticky dough from the waxed
paper sheets it had been rolled between, glopping chicken filling
between them and closing them up.  She must have made a hundred or more.
All by herself.

><remembering that chicken was not common until the middle of this
century>

the cook said he had the pastry and filling recipes from period sources,
though the recipe was for big pies not individual servings.  He hasn't
yet given us the recipes though.

Bonne