SC - sherry Biscuits

Helen him at gte.net
Fri Oct 23 14:58:13 PDT 1998

I do not think this is what you want but I will post it anyway:

Sherry Currant Tea Biscuits

(Recipes)  (Methods and tips)

Buttery sherry-flavored biscuits. These are best served hot with churned
honey or sweet orange whipped butter and a pot of
Earl Grey.

2 cups pastry flour
4 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt
1/8 tsp.cinnamon
2 tsp. orange zest, finely minced
3 tbsp. shortening
4 tbsp. softened, unsalted butter
1/2 cup plumped, well-drained currants
2/3 cup (scant) sherry or Madeira wine
melted butter
coarse sugar

Preheat oven to 425 F.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in
shortening and butter until mixture is coarse and grainy. Toss
lightly-floured currants in this mixture and then stir in sherry. Knead
lightly and pat out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a 1-1/2
inch cookie cutter. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on coarse
sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes.

Makes approximately 20-22 tea-sized biscuits.

- --
"If life turned out like we planned it, what would be the point of
living it?"