SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 27 11:22:23 PST 1998

I'm the only feast cook I know who ever paid attention to fast days in these
parts, and myself not even Catholic.  I did ask a local SCA 'saint' sign an
indulgence for the event;  she went so far as to calligraph and illuminate it
for me, sainted lady!  My last feast in June had a 'penitents menu' available,
enough non-meat dishes in each course to ensure that the vegetarians got fed.
Only afterwards did I find out that one of the visiting Royals had been
vegetarian... we looked brilliant!

Selene Colfox
Caid
selene at earthlink.net