SC - Cindy Renfrow and Cariadoc of the Bow?

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Thu Oct 29 07:03:46 PST 1998

>I am writing an article on resources for period cookery (aimed at
>newbies) and unfortunately need to check the following info:
>
>What is Cindy's full SCA name (and correct spelling)?
>What is provided in T1000E Book 2 (unfortunately I don't yet have a
>copy)?
<snip>

Hello!  My SCA name is Mistress Sincgiefu Wærfæst.

In answer to your question about my book, here is a copy of my info sheet
that I send to reviewers:

SPECIFICATIONS:

Title:  "TAKE A THOUSAND EGGS OR MORE,  A translation of medieval recipes
from Harleian MS. 279 , Harleian MS. 4016, and extracts of Ashmole MS.
1439, Laud MS. 553, and Douce MS. 55, with over 100 recipes adapted for
modern cookery.  Second Edition."

Features:
	400 documented 15th century recipes plus modern English translations;
	over 100 modernized recipes in Volume One, including over 20 newly
adapted recipes;
	approximately 300 more period recipes in Volume Two;
	more period woodcuts;
	a standard glossary;
	a glossary of common recurring phrases;
	an improved index;
	sample feast menus;
	an expanded how-to section;
	a bibliography;
	number of suggested servings;
	and much more.

Trim Size:  6" x 9".
Paging:  Volume One = 320 pages; Volume Two = 352 pages.
Library of Congress Registration Number:  TX 4-760-383.
Binding:  Spiral Wirebound.
ISBN:  0-9628598-4-2 (Two Volume Set).
Price:  $27.00 U.S.  per 2-volume set.  Price includes shipping to U.S.
addresses.  International orders please add $2.00 per set.

Shipping:  U.S. Mail, 4th class.
Publisher & Distributor:  C. Renfrow, 7 El's Way, Sussex, NJ   07461.
Please make checks or money orders payable to Cindy Renfrow.
- ----
FYI, Vol. 2, in addition to about 300 recipes, contains the feast menus,
the original tables of contents, the how-to section, the glossary of
phrases, bibliography, an index for vol. 2, and a sourcelist.

There have been recent reviews printed in the latest issues of TI and the
Renaissance Herald.

In addition to my book, I've started posting Le Menagier de Paris (in
French) to http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/menagier/

and culinary gleanings from Gerard's Herball to
http://members.aol.com/renfrowcm/gerard.html

Soon I will have completed scanning the 1785 edition of "The Forme of
Cury". (I'm up to p. 170 & have about 40 pages to go.)  It will be posted
to one of Greg Lindahl's pages.  We'll let y'all know where it is when its
ready.

Thanks for the plug in your new journal!

Regards,

Cindy/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net