SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Morgan Parris shaddow_witch at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 09:17:37 PST 1998

My husband and i are both kinda picky eaters...I although not
vegiterian hardly ever eat meat.  My husband is a carnivore (only eats
meat and a french fry or two.) He is also alergic to mushrooms.
However, he and i always do well at feasts...I eat all his veggies and
he gets my meat.  I pack extra cheese and a meat pie for him just in
case, but hardly ever hit the meat pie except for lunch.

> LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>
> >   The SCA tradition is to recreate the 'best' of the Middle Ages'.
> > That being a given people who 'insist' on being treated as
peasants should not
> > expect anything less for their anti-organization play.  Frankly
put, if you
> > insist on eating as a peasant at feasts then the bottom line is
for you to
> > provide your own peasant fair.  The 'best' does not translate into
serving
> > foods suitable for the poor at feasts.  In a more practical vein,
the recipes
> > we have to choose from cere created for tee upper middle class at
the very
> > least and for the nobility for all practical purposes.
>
> I agree with this statement.  When I eat feast, I am there to eat a
FEAST.  I am
> not there to eat peasant fair.  I want the best there is to offer.
The idea of
> "keeping up with the joneses" is not a new one.  I'll use Queen
Elizabeth as an