SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Thu Oct 29 11:53:36 PST 1998

> > . The feasters refused to co-operate with the 'serving for 8'  thingy.
>
>     What do you mean by that?????  Did they eat more or not get enough?
>
>                                                         Thanks,
>                                                         Helen

I've had this happen with a Duke who went through food like a teenager.  I
sent another pie to the table.  I was able to do this, because since my
first feast, I've always had a few extra servings to handle things like
surprise royalty.

My general rule is; after everyone is served, if anyone asks for more,
provide it until the kitchen runs out.  If I get more than a couple requests
for additional food on any dish, I re-evaluate quantities, should I produce
the dish at another feast.

If it is a general problem with "serving for 8," I'd look at three areas;
the size of the portions, the total amount of food being served, and the
manner in which the food is served.

Bear