SC - Vegetable Names

Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 30 04:04:24 PST 1998

Micaylah wrote:

> Yes but aren't sultanas sultanas and golden raisins golden raisins? I know I
> can buy both at the store.
>
> Micaylah
>
> Adamantius said...
> >I believe you're thinking of sultanas, which are fairly similar to golden
> >raisins, although from a somewhat different strain of grape.

They are not the same thing. They're fairly close, and make a decent substitute
when they're all you can get, and most Americans (as in U.S. citizens), so far
as I know, have trouble finding real sultanas locally. I was just restating
that I understood what people on the list had considered a near equivalent of
golden raisins was sultanas, not raisins of courance or corinth.

Adamantius