SC - Re:

Jane Waks waks at world.std.com
Fri Oct 2 07:02:44 PDT 1998

		I'm resending this  because I never saw  it come over this
list.  If it's a duplicate I  apologize I have had more mail problems then
you could shake a  stick at.
While unpacking after  our move I ran into a feast hand out from a  Silk
Road feast we had been to last  spring. One of the items   served at the
feast was a   cake made of cous cous, apricots and apricot nectar.  Now even
though I doubt the  periodness of  many things served at that feast(example
eggrolls) , I must say  I wonder  about cous cous.  Anyone  know if there is
any record for its use in period? I also wonder if it was boiled like we do
know,  or steam as I've read  was  traditionally done. Can anyone point  me
to a good place to start looking?
Zoe Valonin the spice trader
Atenveldt
Atenveldt

To  reply... use Zoe at Chicagojo.8m.com