SC - Fish and Vinegar

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 20:19:32 PDT 1998

morgana,

the thing is that you cannot substitute one for one ground nutmeg for
fresh ground nutmeg.  a nutmeg is about the size of the end of your thumb
- - maybe a 1/2 inch in diameter more or less - but freshly ground nutmeg is
- -much- more potent than nutmeg that has been ground and stored and comes
out of a jar.  it's easy to buy whole nutmegs and grind them yourself -
any kitchen store will sell you a nutmet grater - and the flavor is well
worth the effort.

elaina
also cooking pomegranate chicken next weekend