SC - Pomegranite Chicken

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 5 08:13:01 PDT 1998

Anne-Marie's Pomegranite chicken:
3 chicken breasts, cut to gobbets
1-2 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Salt the chicken chunks, and sautee in a hot skillet with the oil until
almost done and just starting to
brown. Meanwhile, make the sauce: 1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 T sugar
1/4 cup pomegranite syrup (from middle eastern grocers. If you can't
find the syrup, you can use the
juice, but boil it for a lot longer, and omit the water).
Boil these together in a small sauce pan to blend and dissolve the
sugar.

When the chicken is almost done, throw on 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
(cider vinegar works too), the
boiled sauce, and 3 T of pounded almonds. Continue to simmer until the
chicken has absorbed most of
the liquid.