SC - Copyright concerns moot-OT-OOP

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Oct 5 13:16:22 PDT 1998

> << Are we at all concerned that this is probably under a copywrite?
>
>  Alys D. >>
>
> Since the photo is not being used for 'commercial' purposes, such use
> would
> fall under the 'fair use' clause.
>
> Ras

"Commercial" purposes have very little to do with "fair use" as a number of
people have found out.  Fair use is making a xerographic copy for your
private notes.  Putting a copyrighted article (which is what the information
about horno's started as) on the web would very likely considered
publication without permission.

I'd be real careful with this one.  "The Best from New Mexico's Kitchens"
was originally published in 1978 by New Mexico Magazine, which is a
commercial adjunct of the NM Dept. of Tourism.  Government attorneys have no
sense of humor.

I haven't checked to see if this book is still in print, but I know NM Mag
touted it for years.  There should be a lot of copies in print and it should
be easy to get one through inter-library loan.

Bear