SC - Pomegranite Chicken

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Oct 6 01:58:20 PDT 1998

At 10:16 PM -0400 10/5/98, LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>This is true. We might also consider the fact that potatoes were forced upon
>the Irish as a sort of substandard food fit only for peasants. This occured
>with the Africans and peanuts, turnips in Germany and other European contries,
>etc.

As best I recall, peanuts were brought into west Africa by the Portuguese
and adopted by the locals, with the result that by the time Europeans were
seriously exploring Africa, they were in common use and the Europeans
assumed they were native to Africa. My impression is that in the 16th
century, European colonization in black Africa was pretty minimal.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/