SC - Apple cider

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Tue Oct 6 05:41:36 PDT 1998

needlwitch at msn.com wrote:

> >Had someone on another list ask if I new a recipe fpr meadow cream pudding.
> >I have runinto areference to it somewhere, but cannot recall where. Anyone
> >heard of it or got the recipe on hand. Thanks
> >

> Did this post get overlooked. Nobody has responded. Or are you all checking
> your cook books. I know I have seen this somewhere, it's driving me crazy
> (short drive, I know)
>
> Thorbjorn the Cook

No, not overlooked, but I was unable to find any reference to meadow cream
pudding in any of my cookbooks (I have a few) nor after an admittedly brief
Web search. My suspicion (intuitive and unfounded by hard evidence though it
may be) is that this is a recipe that someone got out of a magazine which then
made it into a family repertoire. One generaton later, or possibly two,
voila...an ancient recipe. Of course this could be completely wrong, too.

I did go off on a wild tangent about May butter, just in case cream might have
been treated in the same way, so we might at least figure out what meadow
cream might be.

If I do run across anything that looks like it might have some bearing, I'll
post it.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --