SC - Re: The FAQ

kat kat at kagan.com
Tue Oct 6 10:38:57 PDT 1998

		Hello all!
			This weekend I decided to play in the kitchen  and
make tarts for the snacking side board at  our kingdom Collegium. So I made
the Spinach pie out of  the  miscellany,  chawettys ( Small pork pies) out
of Take a thousand eggs or more and  mini apricot cous cous cakes from a
feast I had been too. ( Yes I found the recipe I'll send it when I get
home... ) I made all of the tarts using  muffin tins   so they were small
enough to eat out of hand.  In my opinion the spinach pies were best.
However the Chawettys went the fastest ( there were also less of them) and
the Cous cous cakes went the slowest. (they were a little  dry.)  So  when I
did the tarts   I went by the   already reconstructed recipes . The problem
I have with  trying to use the original is that   I  am at a  loss as to
where to start with  amounts of ingredients. Anyone have any advice?

		As for the cookies... I've been through Stefan's files and
found the recipe for Bertrams Welsh cookies..  I'm going to give them  a
try, however I'm looking for  suggestions for  period cookies. Yule  is
coming up....

		One  more thing question for this missive..  Recently  I
bought a  craft magazine  that featured a lantern made of  modern
gingerbread on the cover.   I thought it looked like  a lot of fun for
display at the  Yule celebration.    However could this been done  with
period  gingerbread? I'm all for using period  recipes when possible  but
would modern gingerbread be  acceptable. ( I had this thought of    doing a
stained glass effect  on the front with the   either the kingdoms or
baronies heraldry. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
				As always in service
					Zoe Valonin, the spice trader
					Atenveldt
					Atenveldt