SC - OT - Modern American Food Trends

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Thu Oct 8 12:44:17 PDT 1998

You can also take advantage of the whey left from cheesemaking to make a lactose rich
lemonaid for plumping up infants who are not lactose intolerant.

It is because they were raised with the bland foods that make them somewhat resistant
to the idea of new foods. I have godkids ranging from 13 down to 1 year that visit
frequently who were raised in the SCA who would eat chocolate covered cardboard if I
gave it to them, and I have a friend with  a 9 year old who gets the ken and barbie
diet that has hissy fits if I try to feed him a turkey burger-it's not beef and
therefore it is not a hamburger and he ain't gonna eat it, despite the fact he loves
turkey. His mom tries to get him to eat different things, but they have great battles
over it. It isn't even a power trip resistance thing, he can choose his breakfasts,
and gets a say in dinner menus but when ever she cooks something new in addition to
his foods, he refuses-won't even try a bite to see.

margali

plants also like eggwater without the lemon-simmer the eggshells 10 minutes or so to
extract trhe calcium and let cool down. It gives it a really wierd taste though.