SC - OOP - Pasta salads?

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 8 17:45:00 PDT 1998

Actually, as a general rule, rosemary retains its flavor better if it is
kept in the needle form but like you, I don't always like to deal with the
needles, so my solution has been (before I got an herb grinder) to rub the
called for amount between my hands rapidly, which pulverizes the needles
rather handily (No, I wasn't deliberately punning, unlike some people I
could mention, A).It takes only a few seconds, and you release the
essential oils with the heat of friction without having lost them to the
air, which is the problem I find with powdered spices and herbs.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom