SC - OT - Modern American Food Trends

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Fri Oct 9 17:47:36 PDT 1998

>> /UlfR
>> Who can't really get over the idea of including moose with the exotics.
>>
>The idea of exotic is relative.  In Oklahoma, moose is exotic.  The closest
>consumable one is about 1000 miles away.  In Alaska, if you are subsistence
>hunting, it may be a staple.
Yup, that's right.  I lived in Alaska for 10 years - now, tomamtos and ripe
fruit of anysort were exotic!

Maeve d'Maas
Barony of Madrone, Kingdom of An Tir
Seattle Washington

Kingdom Newsletter Editor
(Don't ask me to do anything between the 28th and the 5th of the Month!
That's when the silly thing gets put together)