SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain msca at c2i2.com
Wed Oct 7 21:07:33 PDT 1998

	Greeting my good kitchen steward and friend,
	I think you have it good where you are, the last moderate sized event -
coronation - was made into an outdoor event, three days long, few
ammenities.  With site and event fees My family was already up to $60.00
and a 183 mile trip.  If I wanted to feast it would have been another
$55.00 for just the coronation feast (one of 9 feeds being planned).  This
event was just too much money outlay for the event as it was rained out in
part and long walks to the restrooms and showers which barely dribbled
water to clean the mud off.  It is getting way too expensive nowadays.  I
am still trying to figure out where I can cut costs to make the game and
the dollar go farther.
	Balldrich

- ----------
> From: William Seibert <a14h at zebra.net>
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?
> Date: October 09, 1998 8:22 AM
>
> Not to argue or anything, but.....  As a widower (with one kid still at
home)
> dating a widow (with three kids still at home), event fees on-board is
one hell of
> a lot cheaper than a weekend at a theme park, or taking everybody camping
or
> something of the like.  Sorry, but I think you're a tad off-base with the
money
> idea.  No where else can we finance room and board for a weekend for 6
people at
> the event prices we find in SCA.  To us, thats one of the big benefits of
> eventing.
> WAJDI
>
> LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Yes. It is noticeable. The inquiries I have made have all been answered
with
> > the same responce> Money. With event fees continuously soaring it is
getting
> > very difficult to make the 'hobby' dollar stretch any further. Since
off-board
> > fees are significantly less that on-board fees. That is unfortunately
the
> > first option. :-(  Within the last 2 years event fees have doubled and
people
> > just can't afford it anymore.
> >
> > Ras

SCA-Cooks".