SC - Uncooked Chicken

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Fri Oct 9 19:42:52 PDT 1998

> >3) I don't eat feasts that offer whole
> roast chickens any more - uncook chicken is just not for me.<
>
> Another victim of the deadly chicken!!!!!!

I routinely subtract 25 degrees from the temp and add 30 min to an hour chilcken
and in gradients up.  I find that cooking the chicken a little lower but ALOT
longer ensures that I don't burn it, but it's hot all the way through.  I am
also a victim of the deadly chicken.  I always make sure that my pork, venison,
and fowl are well done (though very tender if they are cooked low and slow--it
takes me 8 hours to cook my T-day turkey (usually about 20 lb) but I start it at
200 degrees and work up 50 degrees at a time every 45 min or so until I am
satisfied that I have not sacrificed my moisture to ensure my safety).  Maybe
I'm nuts, but it works for me.

Brenna