SC - chopsticks use?

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 09:48:46 PDT 1998

And by the way, I think the funniest thing I saw in my earlier days in
the SCA was related to chopsticks.  We had an individual, at the time
acting as the personal herald for the King and Queen who had a
Japanese persona.  He was very studious about it, and was always in
appropriate garb.  One Saturday morning, at an event, I passed the
Royal encampment, and saw him, already partially dressed in his
Japanese armor, eating breakfast.  No one else was around in camp, and
I was simply on the way to the porta-john, but he was eating out of a
small rice bowl with lacquered chopsticks, and I laughed when I saw
that he was eating Fruit Loops cereal, and sipping the milk.  Now that
is an interesting twist on persona play.

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra