SC - Major US crops

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Oct 1 20:07:53 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/30/98 9:11:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
memorman at oldcolo.com writes:

<<  Such is certainly the case in the United States,
 > where agriculture is built on immigrant crop species. Not a single major
 > U.S. crop is indigenous. >>

Forgive me if this has been covered but the farmers that produce corn,
sunflower, potatoes, and tomatoes would probably disagree with you..

Personally, I am thinking that you are referring the mainland USA  in your
statement. If that is accurate , then you are indeed correct since the crops
we normally associate with New World food were from Central and South America
originally.

Ras