SC - Ideas for Girl Scout Demo feast?

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 2 03:41:38 PDT 1998

Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> roast beast and mustard and/or horseradish on the side

You can get a prety big bang for your medievalish buck by providing a choice
of several period sauces. Cameline (kids seem to like the English versions
with dried fruit, ending up just a bit like cinnamon-flavored A-1 or HP
sauce), sauce vert, any one of several garlic sauces, and the aforseyd mustard
or harseradish sauces...

> a compound salat, full of fun things
> marchpanes, ie sugar cookies garnished with marzipan bits. Have the girls
> help decorate.
> pear puddings (little meatballs shaped like pears)
> pippin puddings (apples stuffed with bread and spice, baked in cream)
> "ypocras", ie spiced grape juice served in wine glasses, la de dah!
> mushrooms, either stewed or pickled or both
> bread, especially if you can get "trenchers" for them to use

Don't forget the macrows or loseyns. Oh, and if we're being pan-chronic, if
you know what I mean, might as well throw in some Savoury Toasted Cheese,
a.k.a. Cheese Goo.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy