SC - Re:

Jane Waks waks at world.std.com
Fri Oct 2 07:02:44 PDT 1998

>   My inquiry also included why the coronation didn't have a
>scheduled feast, and I was told that it is rather large and didn't have
>kithen facilities.  I thought maybe a guild could be set up for the
>major events throughout the East kingdom and if possible there could be
>people from different areas close enough to cook or those who could
>travel to cook and if no facilities were to avail, that if all possible
>the closest person to that event would possibly allow use of their
>kitchen if close enough.

In this particular case, it's a college campus.  The nearest
SCAdians to the site live about half an hour away (in any direction).
We've tried having feasted events at this site before, using
dormitory hotplates and so forth, and it's been a logistical
nightmare.

Also, Her Royal Highness specifically requested this format
(though I know that sounds like a copout).  Long before this
site was suggested, Her RH had said "unfeasted, with a ball
and a dessert board," so we've done our best to oblige Her request.

Caitlin D.
Carolingia, East
advisor to the autocrat's team