SC - RE: SC- Ideas for Girl Scout Demo feast?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Oct 5 21:12:17 PDT 1998

>And so Aoife. mother of 3 girl scouts AND troop leader for 2 troops, as
>well as being an SCA cook, replies:

>I've always liked Mistress Alizoun (East's) idea for a chicken
>main-dish/soteltie for kids, though I'm not aware of documentation:  Get a
>clean wooden board. Hammer clean non-galvanized  steel nails in a grid

Alizaunde, does mention it in her article on diguised food which can be
found in the FOOD section of my Florilegium as this file:
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                       by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.

========
     3:Drumsticks  cooked standing up and served in  some  battle
formation-  especially good for fighter-type Kings. By  the  way,
round  slices of very large turnips, parsnips, et al.  make  good
shields for these fellahs, though I would only bother with the
side and front ranks. A sufficiently deft pastrycook could make
`helms ' to be added for the last twenty minutes of cooking...

     7:Boneless thighs tucked tightly into flat pans so they have
round tops make a convincing cobblestone road. They work well with
drumstick soldiers for marching scenes.
=========

Sorry, not as much detail here as I thought. But this is a wonderful
article just full of wonderful illusion food and sotelitie ideas. I
highly recommend it.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net