SC - Uncooked Chicken

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Fri Oct 9 19:42:52 PDT 1998

> I always use a thermonmeter. In the classes I give on feastocratting I
> tell everyone to as well AND I tell them if they have never cooked 20
> chickens at once in the oven an event is NOT the place to start. I always
> recommend cooking chickens ahead of time to make REALLY SURE they are
> done.
>
> Clarissa

I made that suggestion once, and as I recall, I was just about stoned for it
(cooking ahead and reheating).  Many people have the "if it spends too much time
in transfer from place A to place B" terrors because of their experiences.  I
believe the answer that was deemed most acceptable was boiling the chicken, then
baking it.  I personally don't see anything wrong with the cooking ahead thing,
but lets not start that fight again either.

Brenna