SC - Uncooked Chicken

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 9 20:38:34 PDT 1998

Helen wrote:

> I know it is OOP, but a quick read thermometer makes life a lot
> easier.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Please accept my apologies in advance if I foam a bit
at the mouth, but people seem to me to be acting as if it's the chicken's
fault it isn't properly cooked. Chicken is no more difficult to cook than many
other meats, and while the consequences of improper cooking can be severe,
proper cooking requires a much lower internal temperature than many peole seem
to think. It really is no big deal. An oven, a thermometer, and most of all, a
brain, are all that are required to roast a chicken properly.

Whew. Sorry about that, folks. Didn't mean to go off like a rocket, but isn't
it bad enough the poor peabrained creatures are raised in batteries, pumped
full of drugs, and then mechanically slaughtered, without being unfairly
abused post mortem? As with many of the problems we face in this world,
edumacation is the best solution.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --