SC - cool feast idea

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Sat Oct 10 08:17:37 PDT 1998

At 17:02 9-10-98 EDT, Phillipa Seton wrote:
>What a cool idea!!  It certainly would break things up and give people a
>chance to move around, digest their food, chat to friends across the room,
>etc.  Does anyone know if ladies would stitch or do some sort of small hand
>project during a feast?  (if it lasted all day?)
>Phillipa Seton
>
>>  I think that if feast is going to be a drawn-out PERIOD affair that it
>should be served like they were in period...starting at lunchtime and being
>served all day.  Make it the  whole event...a period, all-day feast with
>dancing and entertainment  between courses.  >>

Ponte Alto (northern VA) did that at their Baronial Birthday event a few
years back - a three- or four-course feast served over the course of
several hours, with entertainments (demos of some of the more intricate
dances, tug-of-war contests, a puppet show presented by the barony's
children, &c) between courses.  I thought it was great.

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie, Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable