SC - Cat-recipe

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Oct 11 09:50:07 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/11/98 12:09:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, a14h at zebra.net
writes:

<< Ok, enough of this.  I ate cat when I was working for our oh so dear Uncle
 Sammy.  It tasted like crap, and was tough and stringy to boot.  I want to
see a
 recipe. >>

Here is the info that was posted to the list a few months ago by Lady Lady
Brighid ni Chiarain of Tethba. Unfortunately the reference she mentions is not
in my collection and she failed to send the entire recipe  excerpt from the
maunuscript. Until someione deigns to post the actual transcription from this
manuscript and it's translation in ENTIRETY we only have this passing
reference. :-(

""In the "Libro de Guisados" the recipe for roast cat specifies that the cat
is to be wrapped in a linen napkin and buried for a day and a night before
cooking."

Ras