SC - The High Cost of Feasts/Events

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Mon Oct 12 11:06:17 PDT 1998

Phillipa Seton said:

>Yes but 19 year olds eat like adults.  ESPECIALLY THE BOYS.  The waiver is
so he doesn't get hurt.<

Don't limit it to 18-19 year olds. When I was just a puppy, 13 years old,
my mother took me out to dinner with a couple of middle-aged friends, and
not only did I eat my own 16 oz. steak, with all the trimmings, including
cleaning out the cracker and bread baskets, but I finished every body
else's steaks, their other left-overs, and had two desserts besides. At the
time, I was a very fit 5' 8" tall, 135 lbs, and was not considered
overweight in the least- I was simply an active teenager in the middle of a
growth spurt. To this day, I'm not fat, though I'm about 10 lbs overweight
(ask people who've met me), but nowadays, I just simply don't eat anywhere
near that much.

I swear, that teenagers are like young birds- if they're active, their
metabolism can eat any three or four adults into the ground. At 45, things
seem to have slowed down a bit.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches