SC - Great lords cooks

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Mon Oct 12 11:54:15 PDT 1998

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 22:43:46 EDT LrdRas at aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 10/9/98 10:13:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>troy at asan.com
>writes:
>
><< "Because there are at this feast a few great lords or ladies, as
>was
> mentioned before, who will have with them their Chief Cook whom they
>will
> order to arrange and cook particular things for them, that Chief Cook
>should
> have supplied and dispensed to him, quickly, fully, generously, and
> cheerfully, anything he may ask for or that may be necessary for his
>lord or
> lady, or for the both of them, so that he may serve them as he
>should." >>
>
>What a great idea! This is the answer to the allergic persons problem
>at
>feasts. If they want to eat on-board they simply bring their own cook
>who
>comes to the kitchen where they are given their employers portion of
>the
>feast. They then cook the 'special' food while the kitchen steward
>goes on
>preparing the feast as it is intended to be prepared. I like it....A
>LOT!!!
>:-)
>
>Ras

Are you still going to like it when I show up in your kitchen and
announce I need frig/stove/oven etc. space in which to cook my portion?
And Master A is next to me, cooking for his son?  And Brenna is next to
him, cooking for her allergies?  And Phillippa comes to feast so she can
do hers earlier?  And...and...and...      My kitchens don't have all that
space, and I don't want people not working with me doing their own thing,
for the most part; I want to stick to my own schedule nd kitchen plan.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc