SC - Period Feasts

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 14 11:25:51 PDT 1998

>Educating the populace to a more period palate is reasonable and
>should be encouraged, but adjusting period recipes to a more modern
>taste is acceptable as well.<

> Not on my planet.

Seannach asked....
Excuse me, milady, but may I ask what kingdom you are in?  I'm interested in
hearing if all kingdoms agree on this;  is it not acceptable to adjust
period recipes to modern palates at all?

Not that it makes any difference where I am from, Ealdormere btw, my opinion
is my opinion. By stating that it does not occur on my planet is not to
infer that I am taking the royal WE on this stand and presumming to make
this all of our opinion, just mine. Perhaps you read this wrong. I still say
that if you tweak the recipe to accomodate modern palates then you're not
recreating a middle ages feast then are you? You just cooking a meal.

Micaylah