SC - Korean food question

LizScott at aol.com LizScott at aol.com
Sat Oct 17 14:22:56 PDT 1998

I'm in search of a period recipe for the Korean dish kim chee (kimchi,
kimchee, etc.).  It is *very* spicy, and mainly made from cabbage.  Right now,
it is eaten in China, Japan, and Korea, but it originated in Korea.  They
eat/ate it like rice--with every meal, with every thing.  To my understanding,
it is buried and the longer it stays in the ground, the hotter it gets.  I
would love to make it the "traditional" style, and if I could document it,
etc., for an A&S competition, that would just be an added bonus.  ;)  If you
can't help me, then I'm sorry for the waste of bandwidth.  Please note--I am
not a member of this list, so please direct your replies to LizScott at aol.com.

Always,
 Seonaid inghean Lachlainn, Eisental, East (Scottish persona, Korean mundane)
members.aol.com/LizScott/enter.html
"May the road rise up to meet you and may the wind be always at your back."