SC - Hais and dates

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Fri Oct 16 08:52:37 PDT 1998

Just a comment on dates and using them in Hais....    I found the
Miscellany before Pennsic 26, and made two batches of hais by Cariadoc
and Elizabeth's redaction as snack-y food.  It was very well received
by the friends I camped with, so I made more this year - only I found
that my local health-food store now sold three types of dates.  I used
"medjool" dates this year, and they are *much* moister - the mix
before shaping had a consistency like...   well, play-doh.  *very*
sticky, and the finished balls were much date-y-er.  Good, though.

Aislinn
Barony of Stonemarche
East Kingdom
(who will now return to lurking)