SC - A question on Servers

Mon Oct 19 16:43:43 PDT 1998

> Is it normal practice in other kingdoms to have Servers serving your
> feast?
>
> If not, how do you get around to delivering the food to the tables?
>
> Has anyone tried the "a person sitting at table comes and gets it for the
> table" technique?
>
> Any input would be gratefully accepted at this point. There is a situation
> arising here in Caldrithig but I'll let the Lady in question put this to
> the
> List if she wishes.
>
> Thanks
> Micaylah

I use servers and I feed them for their efforts.  To do this, you need a
head server whose function is to run the serving operation.  Most of my
comments on serving are out in Stefan's Florilegium, as are the comments of
many other people who have face the logistics problem of serving a feast.

Having one person come get the food for the table also works.

In either case, you need a kitchen staff that can quickly organize and
prepare the dishes going out and you need enough serving equipment to make
it feasible.  You also need to organize the seating so that the people who
are serving can pass through the tables without falling over the hoop
skirts.

If you have someone from tha table get the food, do you have enough pitchers
to put drinks on the tables or will you need some servers circulating
through the tables pouring drinks.

Bear