SC - Marrow bones, was Tartys in Applis-

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Oct 19 23:36:19 PDT 1998

Allison commented:

> Now-a-days, they even sell 'boneless' chuck roasts, as though you ought
> to be glad of them.  Phooey.  I used to save part of my chuck roast bones
> and tougher bits for my soup.

Well, if I don't have a use for the bone, I'd rather not pay for it. However,
after hearing some of the comments on this list, I thought I'd save a ham
bone to add to a soup. Unfortunately, after a few weeks in the refrigerator
I eventually threw it out.

What is a good way? or the best way? to save left over bones for soup and
such? I assume they need to be kept refrigerated or frozen, right? I only
have the freezer that is part of the refrigerator, so just throwing it in
the freezer may not work as there's not that much free room there.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net