SC - A question on Servers

Helen him at gte.net
Tue Oct 20 13:41:54 PDT 1998

>"Individual-server" type:  This is pretty much the standard service >here in Trimaris.  The Kitchen Steward will have, with luck, enough >servers to send out two teams, to work the hall from opposite ends (or >sides), adequately informed as to what each portion should be.

If you have the space, what is wrong with servers bringing the food to
the guests and placeing it on the plates?  I am getting mixed signals
about it being period.  I know that this type service got popular by a
Russian introducing it to "Tend Setters". (in victorian times?)  But
would, a say a Royal Wedding Feast, be served to the guests or home
style platters on the tables?