SC - Alcohol laws

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 21 12:37:16 PDT 1998

Bear said..
	IIRC, BC also has state run liquor stores with strange hours, or
perhaps
	that's the Yukon.  In Oklahoma, everything other than 3.2 malt
beverages
	must be sold through a liquor store and that store can not sell
anything
	other than alcohol.  You have to go to a grocery or a convenience
store to
	purchase your mixers.

No Bear, they're province run stores with fairly normal hours. Some stores
sell mix but most don't. Some provinces have off-sales and other provinces
(well okay, just Quebec) have Dépanneurs (convenience stores) that sell wine
and beer. They do however, prolly have the most lax liquor laws and
attitudes about alcohol in North America.

I can remember sitting in a bar in rural backwoods Quebec (fairly recently)
in the middle of the afternoon watching the kids run around and when I
wanted a beer and since the bartender wasn't around, I was instructed to go
behind the bar and serve myself leaving the cash on the till. They basically
close when they feel like it, or customers go home, and I have seen one that
occasionally closes 5 minutes before they are due to open again that day for
business. (don't ask how I know this stuff, it may incriminate me <grin>)

Micaylah