SC - Even more OT - Re: Potato Soup-OT-OOP

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 21 19:14:42 PDT 1998

Diana Skaggs wrote:

>      This one's "child" eats pizza at his job every day and turns up his
>      nose at potato soup.  In order that I might dress my soup
>      appropriately, what would you suggest?  Husband fills bowl with
>      smashed saltine crackers (makes me know how the chef feels when
>      someone asks for catsup on steak). Leanna  (upsxdls at okstate.edu)

Well, I _was_ kidding about the...[reverb switch on] **NAKED FOOD** [reverb
switch off]. But, since I also know about the steak/catsup resentment, let's
see what we can come up with here...others, please feel free to help me out
here...we're looking for garnishes for potato soup, preferably something that
the, uh, less-than-adventurous might go for...hmmm...I take it osetra caviar
is right out, huh?

Chopped dill
Cut chives (scissors are good for this!)
Any other fresh herb, parsley, chervil, thyme leaves picked off stem, etc.
A dollop of sour cream
" " " creme fraiche (ooh la la!)
Fried onions (I like seasoned flour on mine)
Crumbled bacon
Shredded cheddar
Crumbled blue cheese
A sprinkle of paprika
Tomato concassé (Blanch and peel tomato, cut off ends, carefully slice off the
outside pulp
	layer and cut into little dice; wasteful and effete but fun)
Roasted red Bell pepper dice (roast and peel, see above)
Roasted poblano chili dice (see above)
Chopped jalapeno or other semi-hot chili, processed as you wish
Hard-boiled egg, whole or yolk, finely chopped or pushed through a strainer
A pat of cold butter
Roasted garlic cloves in or out of the husk

Am I scoring with any of this? Am I getting warmer or colder? ;  )

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy