SC - course plan

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 21 19:20:03 PDT 1998

andy oppenheim wrote:

> I have enough recipes for teaching the course. I will teach 1 peasant and
> royal meal and feast. So what I am looking for is how a kitchen was
> organizes and what they were stocked with
> Andy

Taillevent, in Le Viandier, lists the spices any good cook should have.
Chiquart speaks a bit about kitchen organizing and staffing in Du Fait de
Cuisine, and Le Menagier de Paris speaks of what wines, wafers, spices and
other provisions are needed for what seems to be a somewhat bourgoise wedding
feast. These would, of course, represent a fairly tight focus, being basically
French from within 120 years of each other.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy