SC - period kitchen info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Oct 23 22:20:10 PDT 1998

Andy asked:

>I have enough recipes for teaching the course. I will teach 1 peasant and
>royal meal and feast. So what I am looking for is how a kitchen was
>organizes and what they were stocked with

There was a discussion of period kitchens here recently that gave several
period cookbooks with kitchen and staff descriptions. I have put some of
these in this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium files:

p-kitchens-msg     (8K) 10/16/98    Period kitchens and kitchen staff.

As then one was updated recently, I can't remember if it has been sent to
the website or not yet. If not, email me and I'll send it to you.

This file in the FEASTS section might also be of use:

Kentwell-Hall-art (25K)  6/25/98    A period kitchen at a Living History site.

My files can be found at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Ld. Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
stefan at texas.net