SC - purchasing mead

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Tue Oct 27 08:05:07 PST 1998

This may not help you much but I'll try.
I had a lunch date with a friend at an Ethiopian
resturaunt, and on the wine list was some sort of
Honey Wine (with a non-American name!). Tasted like
mead.  A lot like mead. (big grin).  You might also
try some sort of "Ethiopian" cuisine store.  If that
makes sense.

Russ

	I LOVE (love, love, adore) the Ethiopian honey wine stuff.
	Of course I love the whole Ethiopian dining experience,
	including the coffee with incense service, but never mind...
	but the honey wine is not much like most SCA meads I have
	had.  I know there are a couple in liquor stores here;
	there's one from New Zealand that's pretty good.  If you
	know anyone coming over from Lochac, ask for a bottle of
	the commercially available spiced mead whose name escapes
	me...it's incredible stuff.

Berengaria