SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1051

Marian DeBorah Rosenberg Marian.DeBorah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Wed Oct 28 11:15:09 PST 1998

- --- You wrote:

Hi there,
    As far as fruit goes you can try just about anything.  I have tried rum
soaked
pumpkin for the holidays with raisons. (yummy)   As far as your pie goes, It
can be
done.  It would be good to.  Bake about 30 mins and 325. That is depending on
the
pre backed pie crust and if it is homemade or store made.

- ---
Thank you . . .
- ---

Marian DeBorah Rosenberg wrote:

> A friend gave my family a jar of rum-soaked raisins last year.  She'd made
them
> herself.  I think it was done by putting sugar in the rum until it could hold
> no more and then filling the jar with raisins.  Yummy!
>
> First of all, does that sound right for making rum-soaked fruit?  I can't
> imagine any other ingredients, nor do I remember tasting any, but . . .
> On that train of thought, what other spices might be good to add to the rum
and
> fruit mixture?  (The few that come to my mind are cinnamon sticks, allspice,
> and ginger, but I'd like suggestions.)
> I'm curious, does the collective intelligence of the cooks list think this
> would work for other dried fruits?
> If I wanted to make a pie-filling using the rum-soaked fruit, would it be
> better to use the whole bits of rum-soaked dried-fruit or to put it in the
> blender first?
>
> (Whole formed, from the forehead of Zeus, came the sudden idea of a pie made
> with rum-soaked dried apricots, dried cranberries, prunes, and raisins,
topped
> by freshly whipped cream . . . and I simply *must* know how possible this
would
> be to make.  Hmm, now there is another question, how long would I cook this
> delectable pie?)
- --- end of quote ---