SC - Vegetarians, Balanced Meals, and Humors

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 17:03:13 PST 1998

In a message dated 10/28/98 5:24:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
memorman at oldcolo.com writes:

<< Perhaps the cultural imperative was
 just as strong in 1442 to eat or prepare a meal that balanced warm and
 cool foods with dry and moist ones.

 Just a thought.

 Elaina

Agreed. This is the only rational thought that explains the set up of the
majority of period feasts. But I also believe that t the average Joe was juist
as clueless as the average Joe today when it came to interpreting the medical
data at hand. For instance, I still know people who think that butter is worse
than marjarine for whatever silly rational they have. The best course with
period cookery is, IMO, to completely without exception ignore any and all
modern advice on food combos or healthy choices. A feast is a rare occasion in
everyday modern life so it's inclusion will not cause any harm, either real or
imagined.

Ras