SC - Intro and Bread Request

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Oct 28 22:06:12 PST 1998

Elizabeth said:

> Greetings to this gathering of folks from Elizabeth Braidwood of An Tir,
> newly subscribed to this list.

> What I would like to request from you is to drop me a note when you run
> across a reference to medieval flour, bread or baking in your wanderings;
> references to bread (especially if they're describing it), pictures
> of bakers and ovens, millers and mills, references to baking techniques
> (rising/fermenting, frequency of baking, etc), well, you get the idea.

You might find these files in the FOOD section of my Stefan's Florilegium
to be of interest. Much of the information in them was collected off this
mail list.

BNYeast-art       (14K)  4/24/97    "A Brief Note on Yeast" by Katerine Rountre.
books-food-msg    (29K)  5/12/98    Books about food. Not cookbooks.
bread-msg        (131K)  9/ 2/98    Medieval breads and grains.
breadmaking-msg  (146K)  9/ 4/98    Period bread recipes and re-creations.
flour-msg         (27K)  6/12/98    Types of flour. Sources. Period flour.
ovens-msg         (78K)  9/11/98    Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.
yeasts-msg        (53K)  9/11/98    Medieval use of yeast. Using it in the CMA.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra
stefan at texas.net

PS: Welcome to this list, Elizabeth. Your name is familiar to me, perhaps
from the Rialto or SCA-Arts maillist?